Thursday, February 25, 2010

Ultimate Recipe Swap: February 25, 2010


I'm joining in the Ultimate Recipe Swap today at www.lifeasMom.com. The topic is Lunchtime, so here is my super simple lunch recipe that both kids LOVE:

Chicken Salad
chicken, shredded (I like to use leftover roasted chicken b/c it's seasoned so well)
carrots & celery, processed into small pieces (I use leftover roasted veggies if I have them)
dried dill or oregano
dill pickle relish
mustard (regular yellow or spicy Dijon)
1-2 Tbsp mayonnaise

Shred the roast chicken and stir in processed carrots & celery. Add a few shakes of dried dill or oregano (depending on which flavor you like best). Add a little relish, a little mustard and 1-2 Tbsp mayo. Mix well and add more if needed.

We like it on sandwiches or in a bowl with "dippers" (crackers, chips, carrot sticks, etc). We serve it with a side of whatever fruit we have on hand. Easy lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment